Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Take Care Health Systems
Full-time Family Nurse Practitioner
Durham, NC 27701 United States
We offer competitive wages and benefit options.
Family Nurse Practitioner
We have an opening for a Full-time Family Nurse Practitioner to work at our NEW employer health center located on site in Durham, NC! This is a full-time 40 hour per week position.
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices to deliver access to high-quality and convenient healthcare.
• Provides general medical care and treatment to patients in medical clinic under direction of Physician.
• Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
• Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
• Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition. Provides written home-going instructions.
• Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary.
• Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
• Refers patients to Primary Care Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
• Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices. • Conducts Educational In-services via power point to client population
• Other duties may as assigned. Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an Equaly Opportunity Employer of nice people.
Education, training, experience:
Master's degree (MSN) required.
At least a minimum of five years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting.
• Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in state of practice, Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner.
• Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
• Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Regional Medical Director, if allowed within state of practice.
Terms & Conditions